Wednesday

Tuesday January 13, 2009

So today I got up a little before 5:45 because I was working with Matt at 7 and I need time to get ready. I planed on leaving like 5-10 minutes early, but lucky me I ended up taking a longer shower than usual and didn’t give myself any extra time than usual. I wanted extra time because we got about 2 inches of snow and I thought it was going to be slow going. It did not end up being so bad, just like the other days. It slowed down right before 12 mile road, so I took 12 mile to Harper to Matt’s house. So first off we picked up some bagels for the job that we were going to do. That’s just sort of what Matt does. People remember food, they remember him, they call him again. It seems to work. Anyways we dropped the bagels off at one location and headed over to the other. Right when we picked up the bagels, Matt realized that the person who was supposed to give us the parts to do the job didn’t get them. He lost Matt’s order or something. So we had to drive to the other side of town (opposite of where we were going) to pick up our parts. The guy that worked there told us that he had a new toy so we went to the back. He pulled out a huge gun! It was heavy duty. It was awesome! So Matt found someone that was as in to cars as him, and they talked for like 15 minutes. We then went and did a one job. Thinking about it now I don’t remember what we did. Lol. So after that we went and did the panic bar. Where we did the panic bar, the inside was like a lab. There were beakers and test tubes and a whole crap load of other scientist like toys. We finished that with almost no problems. Matt planned on taking me back to his house after that because I had told him that I had an orthodontist appointment; however, the bank called him all pissed off saying “we payed 120 for this and it does not work! FIX IT!” (the bank does not pay matt, his friend that works for him pays Matt. And he only pays matt 50 bucks, so he makes 70 bucks!). So the first thing that comes to Matt’s mind is that the people who lived there broke back in and changed the locks. So he hurries over there and puts his gun on his belt. We get over there and Matt takes the key, puts it in the bottom, turns it. It does not move, but he realized that the dead bolt was on. So he undid that and it opened right up. MAN WOULD I HAVE FELT DUMB IF I WERE HIM. So anyways the bottom one had to be put in just right or it would not fit at all. Still I would have expected him to try a little harder. He was dressed up all nice like, in a suit and nice trench coat and everything. We get back to Matt’s house and its like 12:30, and my orthodontist appointment was not till 2:20. I didn’t want to drive all the way home and then drive all the way back out there (my orthodontist is like 5 minutes away from Matt’s house.). So I decided to call Amanda and see if I could chill at her house for an hour so I would not have to drive all the way home. I ended up having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and it was pretty good. Then we stated chatting it up and said that Andrew was on his way over already and they were going to take a shower together. Nice…. So he gets over to Amanda’s and shoves the end of the driveway so he does not get stuck again. When 2 rolled around I headed over to 11 n Gratiot (where my orthodontist is located). It went pretty good. I lost a bracket somewhere, but the first three lost are free, and I have not lost any. Next time I go, they are going to take x-rays and then they will be able to tell how much longer I will need them, and if they will need to replace the bracket. Oh yeah I worked 5 ½ hours with Matt today, so now I’m up to 17 ½. Matt is going to call me later and pick a time to start working tomorrow. So Amanda and I were supposed to go to the book store today, but she wanted to go to south campus and compare prices. I didn’t want to drive that much out of my way, so I said “let me know when your heading over to center campus.” About 45 minutes later she called me and said she would not be back in time to go with me, and that I should just go and get my books. When I called her later, I said something like “you seem sad or bummed” and she said yeah, both. So hopefully I’ll find out what happened later or tomorrow or something. I’m kind of wondering what happened. Spaghetti for dinner tonight =]

No comments:

Post a Comment